SEMAAA Short-Term Fund Availability Announcement
November 19, 2021
Federal Funds Available for Title III-B and III-E Short-Term Projects for Older Adults in Southeastern Minnesota
The Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging (SEMAAA) announces the availability of carryover Older American Act funds to serve individuals 60 years of age and older in the eleven-county area of southeastern MN.
Non-profit agencies, and in some cases, for profit organizations (as approved by the State of Minnesota) are eligible to receive these grants. Grants are not available to individuals.
Caregiver Respite (in-home)
All applications must:
- Fully explain the need for service in the applicant’s service area (outline cities/county to be served).
- Clearly state the anticipated number of units and individuals to be served by the project.
- Provide a budget that details expenses. Applicants should request a minimum of $10,000 per project. Total carry over funding available is $70,000 in III-B and $90,000 in III-E funds.
- Demonstrate the ability to sustain the project beyond the grant period.
- Understand this work must be completed by 12/31/2022 and is not eligible for renewal.
- Registered services are subject to Peer Place set-up fees, which should be included in your budget.
- Include your W-9 and Certificate of Insurance.
Agencies interested in applying may request a grant application packet. The full grant application must be returned to SEMAAA by December 15, 2021. Application forms and instructions can be obtained from the Southeastern Minnesota Area Agency on Aging at: 2720 Superior Dr. NW, Suite 102, Rochester, MN 55901, by calling Penny Schmit at (507) 288-6944, or by emailing a request to: email@example.com.