Position Announcement – 9/1/22
Position: Senior LinkAge Line Outreach Specialist
Status: Temporary Part-Time (.6 FTE/24 hours per wk./non-benefitted position)
Employment Timeframe: October 1, 2022 – September 30, 2023
Closing date: September 14, 2022
Under the supervision of the Senior LinkAge Line Coordinator, this temporary part-time position works with a team to promote an overall positive customer service experience for older adults, caregivers and professionals seeking resources and supports.
Essential Job Functions – Duties may include but are not limited to:
• Provide comprehensive telephone and or/in-person support for individuals inquiring about long-term care services, housing options, caregiver support, Medicare/other public benefits.
• Assist older adults to assess their own needs or care receiver’s needs to assist with identifying services and provider options.
• Use active listening skills to understand consumer and caregiver needs.
• Enter data as directed using appropriate tools and designated protocols.
• Ensure effective communication (including follow-up services) in a timely, respectful, and efficient manner.
• Provide presentations and outreach to consumers per the Senior LinkAge Line Standards & Assurances.
• Assist with completion of applications and forms for health, medical or other benefits.
• Education – minimum of a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university in social work, nursing, gerontology, or related human service field.
• Experience – at least one year of professional or internship experience in the social services field, including long-term care, health care, social service or lead agency setting.
Submit Resumes with cover letters to: firstname.lastname@example.org
SEMAAA is an Equal Opportunity Employer