Help Remaining In or Returning Home
Every person has the right to choose where they want to live. The Senior LinkAge Line® Line provides free help to older adults who may need support remaining in or returning to their home after a stay at a nursing home or hospital. Community Living Specialists meet in person or over the phone to work with the person and/or caregiver to understand the person’s needs and preferences, connecting them with services in their community and following-up to support long-term success.
How Does It Work?
The Senior LinkAge Line® receives referrals from healthcare staff at nursing facilities, hospitals, clinics and assisted living facilities. A person or caregiver can also call the Senior LinkAge Line to request this service.
Who Can Make a Referral?
- Nursing facilities*
- Assisted living providers
- Home care agencies
- Hospice agencies
Nursing Facilities* and some other providers can make a referral online here.
Individuals / Caregivers can call the
Senior LinkAge Line® for help making a referral.
Once the Senior LinkAge Line® receives a referral, the process usually involves:
- Meeting to discuss the help that is available
- Deciding if participating is right for a person
- If so, working together to develop a comprehensive plan that will meet individual needs and preferences. This includes exploring available resources, estimating costs and helping set-up services, such as:
- Home health
- Meal/grocery delivery
- Help around the house
- Home modification or repair
- Financial or legal assistance
- Caregiver support
- Medicare, and much more
- Later, it includes follow-up by phone or in-person to support long-term success in the community.
For More Information
Call the Senior LinkAge Line® to learn more about how you or someone you know can get help.
* Nursing Facilities – The nursing facility must submit a referral to the Senior LinkAge Line® when they indicate on an MDS Section Q that the resident would like to talk to someone about returning to a community setting and the nursing facility is making the referral to the local contact agency. In MN, the local contact agency is the Senior LinkAge Line®. The Senior LinkAge Line® will then follow-up with the person and offer assistance or triage the referral to the lead agency when appropriate. Please be sure to bookmark the direct URL for the online referral website for easy access: mnhelpreferral.revation.com