Funds will be awarded on a competitive basis and the request for applications will remain open until available funds are exhausted. Applications will be forwarded to SEMAAA’s Executive Committee for consideration in the order they are received. Applications will not be accepted after June 15, 2022.
Eligibility: Funding will be available to nonprofit organizations that provide services to older adults in the eleven-county area of Southeastern Minnesota: Dodge, Goodhue, Fillmore, Houston, Olmsted, Mower, Freeborn, Rice, Steele, Wabasha, and Winona. Services must meet specifications of one of the following titles of the Older Americans Act:
III-B – Supportive Services – ARP III-B funds available will be approximately $180,794. Funds are intended for programs and services that target frail (at-risk), older individuals to maintain maximum independence and dignity within their own homes.
- Personal Care
- Adult Day Care/Adult Day Health
- Assisted Transportation
- Legal Assistance
- Nutrition Education
- Information and Assistance
- Self-Directed Supportive Services
- Home Modification
- Consumable Supplies
- Legal Education
- Special Access Technology
- Telephone Reassurance
III-D – Approved Evidence based Health Promotion – ARP III-D funds available will be approximately $15,233. These funds are intended for currently approved evidence-based programs, i.e., Matter of Balance, Tai Ji Quan and many others.
III-E – Caregiver Support Program – ARP III-E funds available will be approximately $64,801. These funds are intended for programs that assist caregivers with support in caring for older individuals.
- Self-Directed Caregiver Support Services
- Caregiver Counseling
- Caregiver Support Groups
- Caregiver Training
- Caregiver Respite
- Caregiver Respite in Home
- Caregiver Respite Out of Home Day
- Caregiver Respite Out of Home Over Night
- Caregiver Respite Other Respite
- Supplemental Services
- Caregiver Info and Assistance
- Caregiver Public Information Services
- Funding may be available for reapplication up to 2 years.
- Funding is on a reimbursement basis.
- Providers currently funded by SEMAAA can submit proposals for new or expanded services (new geographic location for existing service).
- Work to begin July 1, 2022. All funds must be expended by December 31, 2022.
ARPA Funding Schedule
|ARP RFP re-released: May 6, 2022|
|Application Packet/Budget Forms Due: June 15, 2022 @ 4:30PM|
|Service Delivery Begins: July 1, 2022|
|Award Notifications – Exec. Committee review approximately two weeks after receipt|
|ARP funds expended and projects completed by December 31, 2022|
Agencies interested in making application must submit a full grant application to SEMAAA by 4:30PM on June 15, 2022.
Grant application forms will be available beginning Wednesday May 11, 2022.
E-mail Kim Voth – email@example.com for ARP III-B and ARP III-E forms.
E-mail Laurie Marreel, at firstname.lastname@example.org for ARP III-D forms.
Please specify the type of service(s) you are interested in applying for when submitting your request.